Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm Learning About Faith

At my last dream group, one of our members suggested a good way to check in and catch up after several months of not meeting. He asked us to share three or four things we could tell the group about, without actually saying too much. So my share was something like this.

I could tell you about the inside of the Stanford Hospital Pediatric unit where our 5-year-old grandson was diagnosed with an aggressive form of lymphoma. And I could tell you about the many people whose prayers, I think, helped him respond so well to the chemo.

I could tell you about having to wait seven years (2 of treatment and 5 more) to see if we can call him cured.

I could tell you about the Solstice gathering we attended where a group of friends and strangers laid down pine boughs in a labyrinth illuminated by candlelight.

I could tell you about the wild turkeys that paraded through our friends backyard during the Super Bowl party and how the sun turned their feathers iridescent.

I could tell you what I'm learning about faith and how it turns fear to love.

No comments: