Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Invitation to Writing More in 2010


Wendy on Facebook said: "Here we go." And I replied something like "Fear of heights won't stop me now." Then I got an invitation to join an online writing group for January. Had to decide. Decided. To go for it. Wrote a haiku this morning in response to a haiku written by a former teacher at Sophia. Mine was: Gray morning quiet/Furnace sighing its warm tune/I am arising. I notice how much better I feel after I create something. Anything. I am going to create one page in my art journal today. Today I say. I have been watching youtube tutorials and I get so inspired when I see how people create these beautiful pages. I am ready to move from observer to doer. I need to still, or turn the volume down anyway, on the inner critic ... that growly, crusty critter that comes to life when I put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. Down, boy. It's okay. I know you are trying to protect me from the unkempt hobo of my Iowa summer childhood. But I saw his eyes. We have more in common than not. I want my freedom. I want blue skies. He wants a soft bed. A deep connection to another human being. I'm going to visit a friend in the hospital today. A beautiful woman who has been married to her partner for something like 60 years. She fell and broke her hip and he must be devastated. She is probably quietly healing and trying to keep him from worrying. I think after the visit, we'll go to the Flower Farm Coffee Shop with our computers and write. Something we've been meaning to do since we discovered it. Here we go.

No comments: