Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Decade


Here it is 2010 and I haven't written since April of last year. But it's a new decade. Woke up a little blue. What do I have planned for the new year? Nothing. But then I watched a youtube tutorial on art journaling and got my spirit back. Yesterday was filled with food (delicious: artichoke dip, horseradishy dip, tamale pie, Cowgirl Creamery cheese from Pt. Reyes, chocolate haystacks, lemon bars, potato chips, pita chips, triscuits, banana bread pudding...) and football: Rose Bowl & some of the Sugar Bowl, when I remembered that I left the sugar out of the banana bread pudding. Probably a good thing. Now I sit with a bowl of oatmeal and raisins and vow to eat nothing bad for me this day. I also vow to want what I have, do what I can and be who I am. Wise words of Forrest Church who died last year. He was a UU minister at All Souls Church in NYC. I first heard of him when Bill Moyers interviewed him 20 years ago, before I learned I was a UU. (Took a quiz on belief.net and scored 100% on UU and 97% liberal Quaker.) Luckily, when we moved to Roseville I stumbled upon the Sierra Foothills UU church in Auburn and have been driving up the hill ever since. Today I will do two pages in my journal, take a 45 minute walk and ponder all the ways I have been given just what I need.

No comments: